Monday, July 29, 2013

Math Center Organization

I recently purchased math bin labels from That's So Second Grade to help my organization of this year's centers. The problem I have with my classroom is that there isn't much wall space considering I have three 8 foot book shelves all being used for books which leaves me with very little wall space to work with. I don't know about you, but I literally dream about my classroom when decorating it... it is pathetic, I must admit. I didn't know where I was going to put bins if I purchased them so in my dream I remembered about another awesome purchase from Craigslist! This shelf that had pull down drawers that I remembered using for myself last year near my teacher desk to hold thank you cards, birthday rewards and other misc. items. I woke up in the middle of the night just to count how many math labels I had and it was fate. I had 9 pull down drawers and there were 9 labels!! YEA!!!! :) So the next morning, I drove to school and immediately moved the lovely white shelf which was extremely heavy but very worth every little bit of sweat to get it in the corner near my manipulatives! 

TA DA!!! I LOVE it! :) 


 Here is a blurry close up of the labels. (Sorry.... my camera phone...) Each label has a topic with common core standards listed below it. 


Here is a sneak peak inside of the drawer to get a clue as to what I put in each drawer. 


I laminate all center activities and place them in a laminated manila pocket folder. I glue on the name of the game before laminating making the games look all pretty! :) 

My next project will be finding an area for Word Work and LA activities! 

Have a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment