Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Reading and Writing Menu Freebie!

Hi all!! I have been trying to find a way to organize myself and my students this year with a student planner from That's So Second Grade. This girl is genius! When stumbling across this post, I had the "WOW! That would have made my life easier last year!" moment. I purchased her student planner pack along with "Cupcake For Teacher" monthly behavior charts to add to the planner with my specific behavior chart. I was thinking about how I can keep my students accountable for their learning even when they are reading at home so I thought I would include a CAFE menu with a Daily reading log with a column for the goal they are working on each time I conference with the student. I will add this to the student planner and when I conference with the student they can write their goal we discussed that day in the blank to work on that goal when they read at home until we establish a new reading goal.

I am also including a writing menu that correlates to the Lucy Calkins Writing Workshop model. I will not include this in the student planner but will place this in their writing folder in class to refer to during individual conferences. This is a tweaked version from mrswallbank.com's version of a writing menu from pinterest. I added stretch word to hear all sounds, and conjunctions to my version of the menu.


Preview of Reading Goals


FREEBIE :)

CAFE Reading Menu, Reading Log, and Writing Menu  - TPT store

Reading Menu, Reading Log, and Writing Menu - GoogleDocs


I hope you are able to use these in your classroom and find them helpful! :) Enjoy the rest of your day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment