Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tissue Paper Borders

So, my elementary school had to move the entire building into another temporary building for about two years in order to work on renovations. Today, I was finally able to be in my classroom! At the beginning of July, I began taking a class towards my Masters in Reading and have had no time to breath! Until today..... :) Yes, I went to school on a Saturday to decorate the bulletin boards because I was dying to get into my classroom to prepare for next year! Well, can I just say that it was very spooky being in the building all by myself and I had a case of paranoia every time I heard something in the background!? Needless to say, I couldn't find the hall light switch and immediately felt like I was in the middle of walking into a horror movie scene....luckily I survived! :)

While I was visiting my awfully hot classroom (old, old, oooooold building), I worked on my favorite thing to do! Bulletin boards!!! To be honest, when I was first hired last year, all I could think about was which bulletin board I would have for reading, writing, math etc. and how I would decorate them... ha! Nothing has changed this year! :)

Here is a little tutorial on how to do tissue paper borders which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to do.

1. First cut tissue paper into strips.


2. Take the strip of tissue paper and pinch like so. 

3. Then staple the spot where the tissue paper was pinched.

4. Next, gather the remaining tissue paper, pinch and staple. 

(This will take a good amount of staples to finish the border.)

Finally, the finished product!


If you feel that the staple pressed the tissue paper flat, just brush your hand over it to fluff it up. :) 

Very simple and very cute for any classroom! 

I tried using strips of paper last year from a Pinterest pin and I found it really hard to make the paper look a certain way. The tissue paper is really easy to work with and suited the look I wanted for my classroom. 

Try it out and tell me what you think! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment