Saturday, May 16, 2015

Front Row- Differentiated Math Instruction




It has been a LONG time since I last posted. Grad school has been my life outside of the classroom and I am glad I have some time to myself again. This year marked my third year of teaching and my second year teaching second grade. It has been a BLAST collaborating with my grade level this year to create an awesome phonics block with Words Their Way and creating online assessments with Google Forms for quicker and easier grading. However, the biggest find this year came to me through research for grad school. If you haven't heard of Front Row, your life will change forever as of......NOW. This website will be the best thing you stumbled upon to help improve your math block. Let me tell you how it works.

1. Go to www.frontrowed.com.
2. Sign up for a FREE, yes FREE Teacher Account.
3. Add students to your roster.
4. Have students log into the program with your class code using the student sign in tab. (They type in their first and last name then the class code.)
5. You tell your students which domain you would like them to begin with to take a diagnostic pretest to determine where they should begin instruction. Easy as pie.
6. Sit and watch the luscious data come in on your teacher dashboard. (Grade Level equivalency, areas they mastered with high, medium and low difficulty, standards with high strength and standards with weakness, small groups, and comparative data within a domain.  















I'm telling you right now, this website will be your best friend for small groups. The data you receive will AUTOMATICALLY create small groups based on their mastery of the Common Core Standards. Not only does it group, it tells how many questions were answered and the accuracy in which they were answered.

The website is adaptive which helps stretch those high students that you feel guilty for not meeting with more often and gives your middle and low kids practice and tutorials with videos to help answer questions when they are answered incorrectly. This website is simply.....AMAZING. Now go explore this awesome website. You can thank me later ;) Oh.... and its works on both ChromeBooks and iPads using the FREE Front Row App!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This sounds great. I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete